Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rejuvenating Pranayama 1 - Experience of Mr.Joyce M. Simmerman

Hi Joyce...Thanks for your experience--------
Mail from Mr.Joyce
Venkat ... thanks for sharing this well-explained info. It explains a
lot to me of the mysteries of the breathing and its effect on the body
... also the info on the herbs at the site.

A couple years ago, I was still having problems with high blood pressure and taking prescribed medications. I had problems with a new one which affected my kidneys almost shut down. In discussing the symptoms, etc.
with my daughter, who is a nurse anesthetist she told me to be on the watch for if my breathing got down in lower 40's I would be about half-dead! So I went in to an operation on foot/ankle reconstruction and after had some problems all one night with breathing and the alarm bell kept going off, 1 nurse obviously agitated with me told me early on to just remember to keep breathing each time, ....
so I ended up trying to stay awake & keep breathing! By morning, I felt about half-dead from that effort & not to have the alarm go off for that nurse (Nurse Kratchett?) .In talking with the nurse anesthesiologist the next day,I told him of all that & what my daughter had warned also ... he put my mind more at ease (also was being given oxygen by that time which make me feel so much better).. anyway, he told me that sometimes the slow breathing was a sign of healthy breathing .. as with really fit athletes. So the ideas you expressed about slowing down the breathing and practicing the good breathing makes sense of it to me. I doubt my slow breathing that night was because I was so fit .. but then again ... I had been trying to practice good breathing at home for sometime, so perhaps it was? Food for thought and good motivation for more practice anyway.

__._,_.___

No comments: